Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Passion and My Contribution

Question #1 How will you follow your passion?



My passion was, is and always will be to help people. I choose to enter the field of psychology to somehow contribute to the people of this world who need my help. This is an environmental issue. Human beings are a part of this world. This world is our environment. I think there are a lot of issues with our environment not just the degradation of our physical environment.

I will follow my passion through my career. My career will satisfy my need to want to help individuals who suffer with mental illness at the same time as satisfying my fascination of the mind. I hope to not only handle the therapeutic part of this issue with mental illness but also become a advocate for the fair treatment for the individuals who suffer of this illness but don’t have proper resources to obtain help and hopefully try to get rid of the stigma mental illness has amongst society such as all mentally ill people are violent. People did you know that a mentally ill person is more likely to become a victim of a violent crime than to commit a violent crime.

Letting individuals know this information will help not only the people who suffer from mental illness but the communities they live in by educating individuals in these communities on these facts to better deal with these issues.This will help our people, our communities and our overall environment.

I don’t know if this is contributing on the same level that Mr. Gore has with his cause but I feel it is important. If we consider how we can contribute in small ways to help the physical environment such as not driving to school everyday than this is that one little thing that will help make a difference with this issue.
.
Question #2 How will you use your education to make the world a better place?

I think I somewhat touched on how I would use my education to make the world a better place when I stated I wanted to help individuals with mental illness in this world and use my education to do this by becoming a psychologist. I would also use my education to better this world by trying to educate new generations of people on world issues such as Global Warming, poverty and mental illness by maybe teaching.

Mr. Gore used his political career which his education got him to bring awareness and recognition to a world issue that was important to him and hopefully so will I. Politically he gained popularity and eventually used that popularity to further his cause. Now it wasn’t politics helping his cause any longer or solely it was his public figure status.

Education does not only mean to go out into society and educate others on issues but the most obvious way I will use my education to better this world is by knowing the truth about these world issue and take personal responsibility to not contribute to the problem and personally try to prevent the problem from happening by doing the right thing.

We all need to become educated to teach our children which will be the next generation what is important in this world and what they need to do to help better this world not make it worst. If that is the only way you use your education to better this world than you have accomplished a lot.

Important Websites:
www.energystar.gov
This site helps show individuals ways on how to save energy and buy energy efficient products such as appliances.
www.freecycle.org
This site is one of my favorites because it focuses on trying to conserve what you have and reuse perfectly good items while donating items so others can use them without wasting more resources and money in the process.

2 comments:

Doctor X said...

Good blog--easy to read, interesting and useful links. Keep up this good work!

Debbie said...

Hey, we have a simular passion. I like working with people who are ill as well. I have a personal interest for the mentally challenged. although I do not discuss it. I agree, taking mass transit is a start to helping the enviornment. The less carbon in the air the better. And if you do drive how's about switching to a hybrid car.